Phoebe’s Fund was founded by Gavin, from 106.5 The End’s Wake Up Call, and his wife Stacy in 2017 to honor the loss of their daughter Phoebe. “When our daughter was stillborn five days after her due date, we were destroyed,” said Gavin. “We had no idea how we were going to survive a tragedy so terrible...
…one of the things that helped us navigate our grief was therapy…but, therapy is very expensive and rarely covered by insurance. That’s why we started Phoebe’s Fund. We wanted to raise money so that every couple who has a stillborn would be able to get grief counseling regardless of their financial situation.”
October is infant loss awareness month. A title that was proclaimed by President Ronald Reagan in 1988 to recognize the loss many parents experience. On October 20th Phoebe’s Fund is hosting Phoebe’s Flight 5k to help raise funds, and provide a safe place where those who have lost a child to miscarriage or stillbirth can come together, share their stories, and celebrate their children.
All proceeds after event expense will be donated to Phoebe's Fund 501c3 (36-4874919). Phoebe's Fund 501c3 (36-4874919) is a charity that helps alleviate the financial burden of parents who've lost their children to miscarriage or stillbirth by providing grants for grief therapy
Phoebe's Flight 5K Adult Registration:
Bring your printed receipt plus a valid ID to Entercom Sacramento (5345 Madison Avenue, Sacramento 95841) on Thursday, October 17th any time from 5pm-8pm to pick up your registration packet and tee shirt (if purchased) as well as sign the required liability releases. You must have your signed release form in order to participate in the 5K.
You may also pick-up your registration packet on the day of the event during Walk Up Registration on Sunday, October 20th at Johnson-Springview Park (5480 Fifth Street, Rocklin, CA 95677). Registration starts at 7:30AM. Registrants must pick-up their own registration packet. You must have your voucher and valid ID to pick-up your registration packet at either location and you must pick-up your registration packet during the allotted times in order to participate in Phoebe’s Flight 5K.
Race Day Schedule:
· 7:30 AM – Walk Up Registration Opens
· 8:00 AM – Event Kick Off and Introduction
· 8:30 AM – 8:45 AM – Kid’s Fun Run
· 8:50 AM-9:50 AM – Adult 5K
· 10:00-12PM – End of Race Festivities
There are four different options that allow you to participate:
1. 1. Adult registration fee of $35 with t-shirt (Must Register by October 6th for shirt)
2. 2. Children's Fun Run registration fee of $15 with t-shirt (Must Register by October 6th for shirt)
3. 3. Adult registration fee of $25 (Shirt Not Included or Unable to Attend and would still like to contribute)
4. 4. Children's Fun Run registration fee of $5 (Shirt not included or Unable to Attend and would still like to contribute)